Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please direct me to the oil filter location on my '03 C230K?

thanks much

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
'03 1.8L oil filter location

Found it.

Ok, I guess there's a lot more info on what kind of spoiler you can buy for your car than any useful info sharing.

Oil filter is in black plastic canister near top of engine between engine and driver's side firewall. You can use a universal joint extension and a short 20 something mmm socket. The canister is plastic, so doesn't take much torque.

Also, the part # listed for '03 c230 compressor oil filter in benzbin.com, rustys, etc. is wrong. It says it takes the same filter as previous years, however the filter I recieved in the mail is most definetely too large diameter.

·
Registered
MB c230, Yamaha v-star, Ducati Monster, Ford f-150
2 Posts
Thank you!

I have been all over underneath the engine comparment and couldn't find it anywhere- but hey- look, there it is- right where you said it would be.
Thanks,
Curtis

·
Registered
4 Posts
:newbie: Figured out how to use the search buton.

But on the real how in the hell did they deside to put the oil filter were it has never been placed before. My subi along with every other car I've ever worked on is located right by the oil pan under the engine. Is this some ploy to make you freak out and head to the dealer.

Man you guys get all the good smiles:big laugh: :1poke: :asshat: :asshat: :asshat: :asshat: :asshat: :asshat: :asshat: Oh good times

1 - 4 of 4 Posts