Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ml 55 amg
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
The intensity of the air coming out my front left and right vent (near the windows) is very very low even on max.
the center vent in front is okay. but sometimes seems the intensity of the air goes strong and them less strong.
Its seems the actuater is changing direction of the air and then comes back to the center.

any ideas guys?

thanks

·
Registered
2002 ml 55 amg
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the directional wheel set to center & side vents?

Have you checked the condition of your cabin air filter?

Understand the as of 2002, the center vents has its own blower motor directly behind the center vents.
Yes the directional wheel is set to center
Cabin air filter is new
Center back blower working perfect
But the front side vents the air coming out is ultra low intensity wth. Could it be the blower in front? Or is there a separate blower for the side vents? And what does this part a 163 820 01 08 do ?

Sent from my ELE-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,754 Posts
That is the blend door actuator/motor.
It controls the flow of cold air or heated air from the vents. Not the amount of air.

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
509 Posts
Yes the directional wheel is set to center
Cabin air filter is new
Center back blower working perfect
But the front side vents the air coming out is ultra low intensity wth. Could it be the blower in front? Or is there a separate blower for the side vents? And what does this part a 163 820 01 08 do ?

Part 163 820 0108 is the blend motor it
Sets the system to hot, cold or a mixture 0f inbetween.

When set to floor are you getting full flow?
The seem question when set to ac?

Also are you on automatic or manual?

·
Registered
2002 ml 55 amg
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I put on the floor full blast still very low air coming out. And I have it on manuel
Basically only the front center vents comes out good but seems to me it can blow with more intensity but doesn't. Also like I mentioned before when I put just face vent it comes out hight then low then high then low. I don't understand

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
6,761 Posts
When I put on the floor full blast still very low air coming out. And I have it on manuel
Basically only the front center vents comes out good but seems to me it can blow with more intensity but doesn't. Also like I mentioned before when I put just face vent it comes out hight then low then high then low. I don't understand

Do you hear any clicking sound from center vent area?

Sounds like center vent actuator is broken and spins around.

Have you scanned AAC for codes?

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
6,761 Posts
Here are few links.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts