Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I am having trouble with our van that nobody can solve. Actually more than 1 problem.
1 is that when starting - you put the key in and wait a bit for the glow plug light to go out and then just crank it up - except with increasing frequency - all dash lights go out and it just clicks under the passenger's seat (loads of electrics and battery there) this acts just like a dead battery but it is a fully charged very good one - if you repeat the starting seqence over and over it randomly starts completely normally as if nothing had been wrong. This happens with all keys to the van.

The other problem is an intermittent missing at 1200 to 2000 RPM under moderate to no load. Otherwise (high speed or heavy load - runs great). The van has computer control and error testing etc but I have had these looked at several times --no fault codes being given!? So no one knows what to do. I have tried local auto electrics company - they say they must have a electrics schematic - which makes sense. I have not been able to find one thus far.

Any assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated !!!

·
Registered
108 CDI, Kawasaki Z750
55 Posts
Im experiancing exactly the same problems starting my van. It will occassionally not start when i turn the key, all i get is a clicking noise but no cranking. I think it is a problem with the starter motor or solinoid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts