Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Uh, no it doesn't.
Well actually yes it does..... :D This thread was transferred over from the R171 Forum.......... :)

The colors that are the most rare in the US are the Designio colors, Copper and Electric Green.

·
Registered
2001 SLK320, 2001 C320
2,267 Posts
I saw an electric green R170 at my local Lowes the other day.

All I can say is...Thank goodness mine is black! :D

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
My apologies on the post placement.

Hmm. I want to find a chart or break down on colors / amount of vehicles imported for 2002. (It's relevant to me).

Of course, I went through 15 pages of Google with no luck.
Good luck on finding one... we THINK we know that silver has about 50% of the numbers here in the States, but beyond that no clue... :D

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 auto, 2006 CLS320 CDi.
420 Posts
I don't have the exact answer but I do have a 2002 SLK brochure for the UK that lists the main colours available that year but I would think they could be different for other markets:

Standard Paint:
040 Black
960 Alabaster White

Metallic Paint (optional):
197 Obsidian Black
352 Linarite Blue
548 Amber Red
723 Cubanite Silver
744 Brilliant Silver

There was also the option of Designo colours but I don't have a list of those but you could have a look through this gallery of 32s to get an idea of the spread of colours used. MBSLK.de - The SLK-Community

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 auto, 2006 CLS320 CDi.
420 Posts
that's a nice colour blue you've got LYC, I've only seen 2 320s in that colour and it suits the car. The was an advert a few months ago for a 32 in Linarite Blue here (in the UK) and the add said it was one of only 4 in 32s in that colour in the UK...but only 271 were ever brought into the country so it is quite a rare colour anyway. funny thing was, a few adverts below it was a 2nd linarite blue 32 for sale.

·
Registered
'02 SLK32 (SOLD), '02 SL600 Silver Arrow, G55K
219 Posts
When I was in Germany, the r170 SLK club had some publication that listed all the different colors of 170's including designo colors and it told the # produced, how many to USA etc. Handy magazine, shoulda grabbed one.

·
Registered
SLK32 AMG '03
17 Posts
Hi all

I'm new here & I've got to say you all make a great forum. :bowdown:

The range of colours interests me as well.

I've got a 2003 SLK32 in Cubanite Silver (pic below) and I understand there's only two or three others in the UK (or so I've been told).

It'd be great to get a copy or breakdown of the colours from the aforementioned German club. Is anyone out there in contact with them?

Anyway there's pictures below of some other colours that I've spotted:

Designo Orange (currently for sale on Pistonheads)
Mercedes : Mercedes-Benz SLK32 AMG

Tanzanite Blue - "a special order" (currently for sale on Pistonheads - looks like a UK bargain incidentally)
BOXMOOR CARS : SLK 32 AMG V6 KOMPRESSOR 354 BHP

Yellow (pic courstesy of Merc Enthusiast).

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK32 AMG '03
17 Posts
Thanks for the link and help Bazzle & BlueH20, but I could only find production numbers for each model of the R170 rather than production numbers for each colour. If you know ehere they are available on the site I'd love to know - apologies for being dumb. :confused:

Great website though and there's some interesting ones on this page including mixed colour combinations like the one below.

MBSLK.de - The SLK-Community - Lack Sonderlackierungen

Attachments

·
Registered
SL63 Iridium Silver Metallic
705 Posts

·
Registered
SL63 Iridium Silver Metallic
705 Posts
Uhm, I am looking at my 2001 Brochure now, and that color is definately not a facotry color offerred on the SLK for 2001, at least in the USA.

Interesting color though, I think it would look better if it were the same though ...

Thanks for the link and help Bazzle & BlueH20, but I could only find production numbers for each model of the R170 rather than production numbers for each colour. If you know ehere they are available on the site I'd love to know - apologies for being dumb. :confused:

Great website though and there's some interesting ones on this page including mixed colour combinations like the one below.

MBSLK.de - The SLK-Community - Lack Sonderlackierungen

1 - 17 of 17 Posts