Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 S600 V12, 1999 CL500, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon, 1999 S420, 1997 S420
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title states I've got the following codes (below) after finally starting to dig into this car which has been sitting for about 3 years. 101,000 Miles, overall excellent condition. When I first purchased car about 4 years ago i was going to use it as a daily driver. Well, right out of the gate the right bank coil pack failed (see codes below). Second known issue when purchased was the switch panel on the dash where the Hazard button is located is non functional, so no rear shade, no headrest down button, door locks don't work, hazards don't work. Third known issue was that the car settled on the rear wheels typically in 2 days of non use. Upon starting and moving the car slightly the rear end would jump up quickly and was fine for the duration of use until parked again..... but while running it would "occasionally" level rather harshly but it was typically only when stopped.

I haven't pulled the Rear SAM yet but assuming it's shot or near death. Again, code below.

So the new previously not present issue is the code for the AC electric Suction Fan (which is a new current code) and a Historic code re: A/C high refrigerant pressue. The dash warning also states low coolant level go to shop but I checked the coolant and it appears topped off in the expansion tank when warm. The temp does get above 80 (normal operating temp while sitting in driveway running so this could be part of the problem. Also, now the door locks and vaccum close doors do not work so I have no way of locking/unlocking car with the keyfob in addition to the previously mentioned inop dash switch. In fairness I haven't checked the fob battery yet but the car starts just fine (if that has anything to do with it). But for sure the vaccum assist door closing is not working now.

So now, the big issue. After starting the car and unrelated to A/C on or off every so often a very loud hissing noise and clearly visible almost like R134 is visible coming from directly behind the radiator and in front of the engine. It happens when I have A/C on or off I checked that so I'm perplexed as to what this could be or how it's related to the other items mentioned. Any direction appreciated and I can't visually see where this pressure leak is coming from but normally I don't think you can smell R134 and this stuff smells quite a bit almost like maybe hydraulic fluid or similar but immediately evaporates. Again, this hissing high pressure with a vapor cloud issue comes and goes it's not constant.

Sorry for the long post. See codes below

Scanner Used: Icarsoft M900 VII

Car: W220 2002 Mercedes S600 V12 Non-turbo

The following codes were done on all systems including live data.

Codes Found and Current

Under Engine Control Module

P2073 M4/3 (engine AC electric suction fan)

P20E Historic- Refrigerant Pressure too high in air con

2050 Misfiring

2057 7

2058 11

2059 9

205A cylinder 12

205B cylinder 8

205C cylinder 10

Under SAM-Rear

Control Module N72/1 (upper control panel control module is not transmitting

data on the CAN bus

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte, CL600, S500, BMW 330cic, E65 BMW 750LI. Dodge Ram
901 Posts
I’m confused what exactly are you asking?

·
Registered
2002 S600 V12, 1999 CL500, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon, 1999 S420, 1997 S420
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying, here's what I'm asking as in the original post "Any direction appreciated and I can't visually see where this pressure leak is coming from but normally I don't think you can smell R134 and this stuff smells quite a bit almost like maybe hydraulic fluid or similar but immediately evaporates. Again, this hissing high pressure with a vapor cloud issue comes and goes it's not constant." i'm asking anyone with any experience with this or similar symptoms to advise me as to what they did or had an indy or dealer do to dx or fix this issue." If you can add anything to my question based on your experience please post it here. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte, CL600, S500, BMW 330cic, E65 BMW 750LI. Dodge Ram
901 Posts
Remove the radiator and front spoiler/bumper. The condenser connections are on the left front under the headlights. I suspect either your o-rings are shot or the high pressure hose has a hole.

if you were my family I’d “replace both hoses and refill the system. By removing the radiator you can rule out the AC condenser immediately with full visual inspections.

First thing, check all connections for anything loose including compressor connections, and condenser connections.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts