Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 S430
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a posting or instructions on replacing front right signal light on my 2002 S430. It appears that I need to enter the front wheel well to replace.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,952 Posts

·
Registered
2002 S430
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response.

Don't know if the headlight instructions apply considering that the RF turn signal lamp is located on the bumper below the highlights. Unless I need to remove the headlight assembly to get to the RF turn signal lamp assembly to replace the lamp.

Your thoughts?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,952 Posts
Your turn signal lights are part of the headlamp assembly. I believe you may be addressing the side marker lamp, which is always illuminated when the lights are on, and which does not blink.

If so, it's dirt simple. They pop out. Use a cloth-covered knife or thin screwdriver blade, insert under the end closest to the front bumper, and pry out. Very little force is necessary. The lights use 194 bulbs (for which the European designation is W5W - they're the same).

·
Registered
2002 S430
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. You are correct its the Right Side Marker/lamp that needs replacing. I'll give your recommendations a go. Instructions sound simple enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts