Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how to describe this part, and don't have a camera. It's the rubber round knob that is on the right hand side of the radio control, mine's all eaten up from usage. I tried yanking on it to remove, but wouldn't come out, i think it's stuck behind the up/down/left/right controls.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If so, any clue where I can get it from?

·
Registered
2000 S500, 2006 R500, 2003 TT FX35
134 Posts
it's a thin rubber coating and after so many years it dry rots & deteriorates like any rubber would. the knob is not available separately from mercedes. it does just pull off, straight out but it is very tight. mine was a bit chewed up too, I pulled 2 others from a junkyard & both of those were a little chewed up too, at least one was a lirttle better than my original though... don't know any good sources to get anything to replace it.

·
Registered
02 G500, 01 Saab 9-3, 99 Pors 911. Past: 00 S500, 00 Rover, 04,99 Jag xj8, 95 Alfa 164
376 Posts
The best I could find was a UK company that had the Becker radio parts available. The email was Maple Audi... [[email protected]]

The response was quick and they asked "If you can please confirm the model number of the unit you have (this will be on a sticker on the side/rear of the unit), if it is made by Blaupunkt the number will start 7 6--- --- --, if it is made by Becker it will start BE ----."

I never followed through, but I was assured this vendor stocked the knobs.

Hope that might help a bit...please report back if you have any luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts