Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 S430
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me towards a replacement phone module, or tips on bypassing It? It was not in the vehicle when I purchased it. Also I would absolutely love to locate an aftermarket stereo head unit that is compatible with the COMMAND system, if anyone has any recommendations for that as well

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,733 Posts
You want a android stereo system that is designed for the w220 usually you can find these on ebay , common brand names are xtrons, seicane and Erisin. They come in sizes up to 9 inches with a full touch screen but no buttons or dvd/cd player , or a 7 inch model with buttons and cd/dvd

just search for w220 android on ebay
11340EDF-D9B8-4BC7-A7D0-708806BEB114.png

·
Registered
2002 S430
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much, I saw a couple of those, but never having tinkered with this system I wasn't sure if the FO was a direct connect for them

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,733 Posts
You have to tell the seller you need the fiber optic cable with it . They are usually extra . There is a huge thread on installing these

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2000 S500, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
4,558 Posts
I have done this to my wife's 2000 S500. It's a noticeable improvement. As an additional bonus, since it's an Android unit, it can do everything that your Android phone can do, including make phone calls. It's just a matter of plugging a 3G or 4G USB antenna, with SIM card, into the head unit.

·
W220 Moderator
6,150 Posts
but never having tinkered with this system I wasn't sure if the FO was a direct connect for them
It is better not to use the Fibre Optic, best to actually remove the redundant Phone Module and CD Changer and also remove the BOSE Amplifier and buy the LM Benz extension Cable, then hard wire the speakers to the Android's 4 Speaker Output Channels, you get much better sound quality if you do it like that, as myself and many others have, which includes linking in the Centre Dash Speaker and Rear Shelf Woofer at the Speaker Connector of the old BOSE Amp in the left side of Trunk (Boot).
If you don't have BOSE you won't have the Trunk mounted Amplifier Amplifier, your Speakers will already be connected at your old COMAND unit, which makes the whole job even easier ;)

ALL discussed in the Sticky Thread you were referred to ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts