Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished reading the installation instructions for the Timeport, V60 and CD.<br> <br> Section I states:<br> <br> I. Version coding and diagnostic testing<br> <br> 1. Connect STAR Diagnosis (SDS) to the vehicle adn perform the version coding outlined below.<br> <br> Is this ONLY for testing the system or does it actually initialize and recognize the component and ensure they work together correctly, i.e. phone muting the CD and radio?<br> <br> For example,<br> <br> If you have the Command system and self install the Timeport, V60 and/or a CD player you will need to have your car (i.e. Command) initialized to recognize the phone and/or the CD player.<br> <br> If you do not have Command will you have any problems?<br> <br> Will the instrument panel display the CD and/or phones information?<br> <br> Will the steering wheel operate the phones and/or CD?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Upon hooking it up and plugged in properly it should recognize it and work properly. I did the v-60 install last week on a 02 s430 and didn't program w/star and it operated fine. The dealer says that it might have intermittent problems but I have't had any complaints and have done many cd changers and phone with no problems. The work thing that could happen is you might have to have it programmend some day!Good Luck<br> <br> [email protected]

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scott, I just got a CLK55AMG w/Comand and din't get the phone option because I already have a V60. They say it son't work but from what you say, it might. Where and how do I start? Do I buy an install kit or something?<br> Thanks!<br> Ray

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is proprietary software in the factory mbz v-60 phone so your phone will not work with the mbz factory kit. <br> <br> Scott

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I own a c280 and a Motorola V60g phone that I just found out comes with the newer models.( mine is an 98) Where can I get the cable, module and CD???<br> <br> Vann Starr

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is no interface from mercedes for an aftermarket motorola phone (it has to be MBZ. There is no integration for the factory v60 phone to mercedes in any car prev to 2001 or any car that is not compatiable with the mbz star tac timeport phone. There is a motorola kit available on the motorola web site that can mute your factory stereo and hook into the stock phone speaker but that is about it. Let me know if you have any other questions.<br> <br> [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts