Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ml55 amg
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Robert and I just bought a ml55 amg with 33k miles and one year left of extended mercedes premium warranty.

I did some research but am wondering if any out there have any friendly words of advice?

Cheers,

Robert

will post pictures next week

·
Registered
11 Posts
Extended Warranties

My philosophy has always been that extended warranties are a business, and they are in business to make money and are staying business. Therefore, the extended warranty companies are making out and making money. Why should you pay them? Of course, they have the mass number of warranties to average out their losses and gains. It's always a gain - remember they are staying business. I opt to take the risk, even though it's a 50/50 shot.

It would be a challenge to come up with an AMG transmission and replace it over the weekend if you were in need, but it is do-able. These vehicles are designed to be serviced easily, parts are becoming more available (especially brake parts, etc). If it's an electronics issue and it's $2400, better hope it only happens once. The extendeded warranty is $3500+. My experience has been that the things that fail are the things that you are supposed to be performing regular maintenance on.

Do you drive it hard? Do you take care of it? These are the most important questions to answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts