Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 ML320 that wont start. My wife normally drives it and a few times she has said that it would start then sputter and die. That was a few weeks ago since then we have not had any problems. Today i took it to the store and noticed that the low fuel light was on. Made it to the store and came back out and it would turn over but not start. I then put some gas in it thinking that was the problem. Once i put the gas in it started and ran fine for a few minutes. then when i was going through an intersection on the way home it died. I tried to start it again and it started for a second then died again. Since then it will not start and it will just turn over. I am not sure what direction to go. Can someone give me some ideas? If its a fuel pump or fuel filter are those something i can do my self? Also may it be a ignition switch, camshaft sensor, or relay somewhere?

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
It is behaving just like the fuel pump is going out. If it was a crankshaft position sensor it would die when hot and not start until it cooled down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts