Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Long time reader..first time poster"
I have an 02 ML 500 with the Bi-xenon headlights. I understand how they work, but I am still confused.
Just inboard of the xenon light there is what appears to be a standard H4 halogen light with the standard reflector. I cannot get it to come on no matter what combination of switches I try. It also has the fog/driving lights that come on when the light switch in in "manual" and the rocker switch is activated. I can even turn on the rear "fog" light in the drivers tail light, but no go on the halogens. I bought this used and I am in the US. Is this a daytime running light that has to be factory activated? It's quite possible that I am just stupid and can't figure out the simplest possiblity. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Mark

·
BenzWorld Detailing Guru
713 Posts
If you flash your headlights during the day, when your lights are off, the halogens provide the flash to pass. You cant flash a xenon bulb off-on-off due to the fact it needs to warm up....

·
Registered
'12 Peugeot 3008 HYbrid4 (sorry!)
397 Posts
- and if you want to do half an afternoon's work, you can get them to work as additional hi-beams like on the Bi-Xenons sold in Europe. A very thorough and easy-to-follow description has been published by the Lighting Guru aka Drew here: http://www.benzworld.org/publications/pub.asp?id=67

IMHO, it's worth it.

Cheers,
Birger

PS: Congrats on the ML, and welcome here [:)]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I've never looked to see if they flash during the day. I know at night when you flash to pass it does the brights. I never thought to look during the day.
Thanks again.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
schneideris - 2/8/2005 5:52 PM

What kind of difference did the modification make for driving?
Well, considering that you get the HID beam output + another set of halogen high beams, you can imagine how much brighter it is! I have been running the 80 watt Hoen H7 bulbs in there so there is even greater output than the stock 55 watt bulbs [:)]. When you flash someone, believe me, they notice even in the daytime!

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,162 Posts
schneideris - 2/8/2005 5:52 PM

What kind of difference did the modification make for driving?
Big difference--incredible lighting power on high.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts