Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2002 ML 320
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need help . i change my master cylinder about a year a go and the car never brake right after that i replace it for a aftermarket one.Now I have the problem when you going to brake for then to really brake you have to pump it a few times or the petal will travel all the way to the floor.So now I got a use power brake with the master cylinder from a car that we test before we pull it out the system .the only problem that I'm having is that my car under the master cylinder is 2 plugs for the BAS system and the other master cylinder only have 1 and no more holes to put the other one plug.Can i just attach both plugs together or any other suggestion.

Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold馃槩 2013 ML500,馃榿 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
Sounds like you have a 2003 or older booster with the internal brake light switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2002 ML 320
Discussion Starter #3
Ok my question is what can I do cause I can't return the brake booster with master cylinder plus this one is a Mercedes brand

Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold馃槩 2013 ML500,馃榿 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
I would imagine you need to get one of the same year.
You could hang the other one in your man cave as a decoration. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
I think their where several set ups
one with 2 switches mounted on the master.
then one switch on master and other on booster.

difference is where your brake light switch is
earlier had it on the pedal.
later in the booster.

This is one part you should order by your vin number to keep it simple and correct Get the correct one sell he other on craigs list or eBay. The question: is the one you have now even the correct part number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts