Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. I developed a leak from the harness connector. Decided to change tranny fluid and filter change while changing out the harness connector. It is my understanding that on occassion the fluid travels up the harness and into the TCU. Checked the TCU and it is dry. Post all of this vehicle was stuck on limp mode and then the check engine light came on. P0715 code and one other that I can't remember right now. Changed out the conductor plate as a result. Codes have cleared. Now tranny slides into reverse and intermittently goes into drive. Does the TCU need to be reflashed sinnce the conductor plate was changed out? No codes are being generated at this point. I am at a loss at this point why the trannny is not operating. :confused:

·
Registered
2002 C230 Sport Coup and 2006 ML350
1,127 Posts
Well, I could sit and ask 50 questions, but it would be better if you DETAIL EXACTLY what you did, what you used, how you measured after.
Based on your post you sound pretty knowledgeable, but if it worked before and doesn't now, likely you made a mistake.
Don't drive it.
What's PO715?

So example, did you drain a flush or just drain? What fluid did you use? Did
you measure the old fluid?
Bend a pin putting the connector back?
Measure the level hot, use the proper tool?
Used mercedes approved fluid? Where did you get it?
Where did you get the filter, did it in correctly?

I'd go back to the beginning. If the level is correct, I'd
Take it all apart, and look for anything....

You changed the conductor plate? I thought we were talking a drain & fill + "pilot bushing" which is what they call the orings.
There's so much you're not saying....

If you feel certain you've done everything correctly DISCONNECT the TCU, and let it sit overnight, per some other folks who've done that and achieved success.
Otherwise you might need STAR to do a reset. EDIT: Just read a few thread where resetting with STAR is the only thing that works assuming everything else is good.

I'd triple check the connector to make sure no bent pins.
I always cringe doing that.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,653 Posts
^^^ what he said, plus, transmission errors generally don't illuminate the MIL. You need SDS or a diagnostic tool capable of reading the TCU codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts