·
Registered
2002 BMW 745i,
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,m in the process of a deal with MB dealer for a new
left over E55 MRSP 74145 I can get it for below invoice
I would like some feed back it would be greatly
appreciated. This deal might take place this week.

One other question? What about driving this car in
the winter months ( SNOW ) any body with this experience this is a big factor for me

·
Registered
99 E55 Wagon
20 Posts
One other question? What about driving this car in
the winter months ( SNOW ) any body with this experience this is a big factor for me
I live in Sweden an drive my 99 E55 all the year. We have snow from December to the middle of March and I never had any problems. I don't use my regular tires in the winter because the tires become very hard when it's cold and that makes the tires spin all the time. I use MS (Mud and Snow) tires in the winter, Yokohama 235 45 17 and they are great so I don't think you should have any problems if you get MS tires for the winter.

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
104 Posts
Get some dedicated Winter Tires. Snow tires are better if narrower. I suggest you use:

Get some dedicated Winter Tires. Snow tires are better if narrower. I suggest you use:

235/40/18 front
265/35/18 rear

Those are actually the standard size E55 tires in Europe.

If you are going to buy new rims then you can also go with 245/40/18 all around.

Winter Tires:

Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22
Micheline Pilot Aplin
Dunlop Winter Sport M2 or M3

Winter Tires are made only once a year so stock is mostly gone. They come back in the fall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
E55 in the snow

I was thinking of getting the 2004 E55. You can actually drive this car in the snow? I have the 2003 SL500 and this car can NOT be driven in the snow although I don't have snow tires. Wasn't sure if that would make a big difference. With all the torque in the 2004, is anyone sure if this can be driven all year around Northeast?

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
104 Posts
foratrade, regardless of E55's torque you may still need winter tires in the northest. Su...

foratrade, regardless of E55's torque you may still need winter tires in the northest. Summer Tires will not get you though snow and slush . Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts