Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,<br> <br> Does anybody have first hand experience in installing the Becker 2662 changer. I looked by I just can't seem to find the mounts or the optical and the power cables. I thought they were in the trunk - does anybody know where they are and how to get to them.<br> <br> Also, is the dealer involved in anything or after I plug in the cables everything should work fine.<br> <br> Thanks,<br> - N.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The fiber optics and the three pin power and data plug is behind the left side trim panel in the trunk. The fiber optic connector in the car needs to be taken apart and you then insert the optical ends into the becker connectors and snap the retainer clip to hold them in place. If it doesn't work the first thing to try is to pull the radio out disconnect the fiber optics behind it and using a flashlight on one end shine it into the fiber optics and make sure you have a connection front to rear. If not you should look ffor another connector behind the radio and check it with the light. Fiber optics are really simple to check out. Did you get the right mouting brackets for it? Good luck, I would post pcs of the install but I don't have an easy way to do it.The cd changer will work without going to the dealer.<br> <br> [email protected]<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it works .... I ordered the changer from Continental Imports and it took me 15minutes to install it. Well, that's because I had already done the hardest part - i.e. find the cables and route them to the wheel well on the left. After that, it was a piece of cake. Just that the custom brackets from Continental are a little bit off and I had to drill one hole in the sheet metal to get the alignment correct. <br> <br> Other than that it works flawlessly - my head unit is becker so the 2662 random also works :)<br> <br> Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts