Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a 2002 CLK 430 convertible. AC and Heater works but air does not blow strong - even at the max. Can someone please help?

·
Registered
2001 W208 CLK 230k Conv.
6 Posts
Probably dirty contacts in the blower motor. Order new brushes, get some methylated spirits and warm your soldering iron. Blower motor is under the passenger glove box, three screws, a slide off plastic and then four star screws.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the same problem after I bought my used 2000 CLK 430. Lam is correct about the location. If I were you and going to remove all that. I would just buy a new blower assembly (about $100) AND a regulator (about $50) you have to remove the regulator to take out the blower anyways. While I was in there I'd buy a new Carbon Cabin Air filter (about $35). It's all in the same location. So, for around $200 and maybe an hour your problem will be solved.

·
Registered
2002 CLK430
1,681 Posts
I had the same problem after I bought my used 2000 CLK 430. Lam is correct about the location. If I were you and going to remove all that. I would just buy a new blower assembly (about $100) AND a regulator (about $50) you have to remove the regulator to take out the blower anyways. While I was in there I'd buy a new Carbon Cabin Air filter (about $35). It's all in the same location. So, for around $200 and maybe an hour your problem will be solved.
I'm going to guess you used the URO blower and regulator. I didn't got a Behr because the price of the URO seemed too low to be true (half as much). How long have you had the URO parts? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,367 Posts
First thing to check is for a blocked air filter. That would reduce the airflow.

·
Registered
2000 CLK430, 2006 E500 4matic and 2004 Nissan Murano
112 Posts
Keyhole is right. Pull the filter and turn it on. The car is 14 yrs old and many times this one gets overlooked.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The $100 Blower motor I bought off EBay has been in my car for about 6 months. It wasn't a URO brand though. It wasnt a BEHR either... LoL. We'll see how long it lasts.

·
Registered
2001 W208 CLK 230k Conv.
6 Posts
Its also worth mentioning that the blower sits under what can be a moisture trap, so before stripping off your interior its a good idea to poke any wet leaf matter out of the airbox that sits under the bonnet. I didnt and ended up with a few cups of water on my face as a reminder to clean out the airbox more often.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts