Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
w209 2002,
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps, would any know if the fuse box is the same for a 2002, as it is for the 2003/4, ?? the 2004 shows the tv fuse to be N03 brown -7.5 amp (in the boot). and also now the uk has gone digital would this old system still pick up anything ?? :confused: feeling very nervous about ripping fuses out ! hope to hear from some-one soon ,,,,martin

·
Registered
w209 2002,
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
tv problems clk 320 / 2002

Many thanks for your time and details for the fuse box - not tried it yet coz its raining 'cats and dogs' but will do very soon - hope its just the fuse !! ??
regards
martin:bowdown:

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Hi

Before you waste too much time here, just check your VIN for CODE 860 TV tuner. From 07/02 to 04/04 this TV tuner (A2/42) is located next to the sound amplifier in the trunk behind the r/h side liner.

There is quite a detailed spec in the WIS, which suggest that is is compatible for PAL, NTSC, Secam, digital video processing, etc.

The fuse for the tuner is the same on all models.

·
Registered
w209 2002,
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well done you, i ve been on ggooogle N wicki for ages trying to find stuff, not good with this stuff but i'll learn, i had a suspision id have to take some panels off but just did nt really wanna do it- but i;ll check the panels and see whats there !!
thank you very much, i dont know what wis is ?? but it sounds like some good stuff, - i;ll have a look on E-bay by the ounce i take it ??? (LOL)
chers
martin

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,463 Posts
WIS = Workstation Information System, which is Mercedes-Benz's official electronic shop manual. You can get a "bootleg" copy on eBay, or if you buy the Chinese SDS (Star Diagnosis System) clone/bootleg copy, it comes with that.

The rear SAM fuses are behind a panel in the trunk, but it's just a small panel that just fits in place with tabs. Open the trunk and look on the left side (well, I assume it's on the left on right-hand drive models?). The panel is about 12 inches tall and 4 inches wide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts