Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a very modest upgrade, but what do you think about replacing the stock 16" rims with the 17" rims that came on the CL500. For whatever reason, I really like that style. It's certainly not as dramatic as going with 18" or more, but I don't want to give up any ride quality and the prices on the 17" rims and tires are very reasonable.

513783689_tp.jpg

Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
719 Posts
Well they will certainly fit, but I still think they are too small.. My car had 16" wheels and everyone that saw it thought it was a much cheaper car. Certianly not a Mercedes. I replaced mine with some genuine AMG 18" wheels, and they still are a little on the small side, but they look alot better and I lost absolutely no ride. The ride is still great, if anything it got rid of a little of that sidewall bounce going around corners with bumps.. After seeing the difference I would never have one of these cars with anything smaller than 18"s.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I didn't even realize you made this thread Doug! What wheels do you have on it now? We really need to see pics!! I may have to go on a hunger strike until we see them! I do like these wheels better than the stock, and anything bigger will obviously be better, but I really would find some 18"s you will be much happier having done so.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, might be a good thing before the holiday. I promise to post soon!!!!

The other reason I'm thinking about the 17" rim is the price, I found a set for under $200.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts