Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all,
I recently purchased a 2002 C320 wagon. I freaking love this car. Absolutely love it. This is the second 2002 C320 wagon I’ve purchased. I regret the day I traded in my first one. Also, I read this forum all day sometimes searching for answers to my problems but rarely seem to get anything that works specifically for me.

Ok so buying it I knew there would be some problems the dealer wouldn’t tell me or that I’d find out on my drive home. The day I drove it home from Dallas it was freezing cold. So, I turned the climate control on and warmed up the cabin. The next day in Austin it was warm so I decided to use the AC. The car only blows hot air. I’ve had it hooked up to two different scanners, one being mine (Foxwell Elite) and my brothers (Idk what brand but it’s the big one with a Bluetooth touchscreen that can turn off and on any module without being in the car). Both scanners say “Refrigerant level too high”.

Also I pushed the rest and the recirculating buttons at the same time and numbers started flashing. I would get 00 on the drivers side while 73 was on passengers side. Now I’ve owned 4 W210 E class (2-1999 wagons and 2 E320 sedans) and I’ve got the codes from the ac before. Is this the same thing? How do I get all of them from this specific model? Which buttons do I push because it’s not the same as the W210. AND how do I delete them if so?

Also fuel gage reads zero gas(replace fuel pump?) and Check Window washer level (replace washer resoviour?). I noticed there is a plug down by the resoviour that isn’t plugged in. Two small cylindrical motors or pumps plugged in but in the last space nothing just a plug

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So no one on this site has anything to offer?? All this wealth of knowledge and no one wants to share anything??

The latest things that have happened “Stop Lamp Visit Workshop”, “SRS Visit Workshop” and the “SOS” alarm goes off nonstop. I eventually took out the fuse and that killed it. I’m thinking water from the rain has something to do with it but haven’t found any evidence.
How would I take the 3rd brake light off the lift gate to investigate?

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
2008 ML350 (Me!), 2010 GLK350 (Wife), 2003 ML-350 (Deceased)
1,479 Posts
You have a lot of simultaneous issues! Regarding water, be sure to check for water in the trunk/spare tire area. Taillights have been known to leak and let water get into the rear SAM. Also, make sure your sunroof drains are clear if you have them. They often clog up, and then the pan overflows, letting water run down the A pillar right into the electronics. You would find water in the passenger seat floor area if this were happening.

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
1,479 Posts
Regarding the washer fluid level, see #100 on the pic below (red circle). That is the washer fluid level switch. The two cylindrical objects are the pumps (green circle). One is for the windshield, and the other is most likely for headlight washers. Nothing should be unplugged! That would be the first thing to check out. 🙂

The part number for #100 is A2205400045.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh Planethill, you have no idea the issues I’m having. And STILL I love this car. The dealer I got it from installed a GPS in the fuse box under hood and I think that’s the problem. It doesn’t fit so the cover doesn’t close. That’s how water gets in.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so I found out why the ac doesn’t work. Yippie! Now the rest.

reason for no ac......pressure switch in two pieces Underneath the car

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
1,479 Posts
Post all the codes you have, even if they appear to be unrelated. Everything is connected in these cars!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found this today. Also this was plugged into my washer fluid tank. Just for kicks, the other plug I said didn’t go to anything, fit perfect in the socket this one came out of. So far no washer fluid message. About to go drive it and see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts