Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the call just now from my Seattle dealer! One production slot for the 2002 C32 just opened up on his computer. I am number two on the list and apparently the number one guy hasn't decided if he's going to take it yet or not. I'm still not sure where this places me in actually getting one in my grubby little hands but I'm very excited. Unfortunately, he didn't have any further official information as to prices, options, colors, etc. It looks like the rumors that were posted involving production were right on the money! Good job folks, keep the information flowing.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You mention one production slot but have you actually been able to place your order? As I understand the process, the dealer enters your order into the Mercedes computer. When the next production spot opens up, the next order for that dealer gets made.<br> <br> I'd expect the options to be on the computer the first couple days in May.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: 2002 C32 Production Slot Opens

No, I didn't get to place my order yet. The dealer told me they fill out the production orders as they become available on the computer. Since there is only one slot open right now, they are leaving it to the first customer on the C32 list. If he opts not to order a car, the slot becomes open to the second customer on the list which is me. If the first customer takes the car (and I'm guessing he will), I don't know how long it will take for me dealer to get a second available production slot. They are a large dealer but told me they only received something like 5 order slots for the CLK55 AMG for one year. That's not much better than my C36 AMG was when I bought it (I was number one on the list for that car in its first year of production). So at this point it looks like the waiting game continues a bit longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts