Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I don't own a mercedes,but I have an AMG c32 twin screw supercharger that I want to install on a 4 cyl Honda engine.
I was hoping to find out the approximate size of the c32 AMG crankshaft pully so that I can determine a pulley setup for my engine.
I don't want to overboost nor overdrive the supercharger.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one?
Any Mercedes techs in here?
Perhaps someone might guide me to a different website that has mercedes technicians online.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2002 LET POWERED C32
26 Posts
Hey guys.
I don't own a mercedes,but I have an AMG c32 twin screw supercharger that I want to install on a 4 cyl Honda engine.
I was hoping to find out the approximate size of the c32 AMG crankshaft pully so that I can determine a pulley setup for my engine.
Thanks

Hey I don't recall the size but it works around 14.5 p.s.i.. Once I find out size I will post it ok. By the way would like to know if you are able to set it up with the honda.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
C32 AMG
19 Posts
Thanks
The OE C32 crankshaft is 6.125" in diameter.
The rpm limit of the supercharger is around 22K rpm (+/- ~500). If you don't want to overboost or overdrive the SC, you're going to have to make sure that you get the distances and relationships of the pulleys the same so that you achieve the desired rpm at the SC pulley.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The OE C32 crankshaft is 6.125" in diameter.
The rpm limit of the supercharger is around 22K rpm (+/- ~500). If you don't want to overboost or overdrive the SC, you're going to have to make sure that you get the distances and relationships of the pulleys the same so that you achieve the desired rpm at the SC pulley.
Jesus!
Are you sure the rpm limit on the supercharger is that high?
Oh and thank you for the info.. :)
I was trying to get it to max at about 11k rpm tops. I figure this would yield about 600-700 cfm.. Hence about 300 hp to the wheels
Do you have acess to the compressor maps of this particular unit?
I compare to the ax 2300 on the whipple site.(this is the approx size of mine)
Lysholm Technologies AB

What do you think?

·
Registered
C32 AMG
19 Posts
Jesus!
Are you sure the rpm limit on the supercharger is that high?
Oh and thank you for the info.. :)
I was trying to get it to max at about 11k rpm tops. I figure this would yield about 600-700 cfm.. Hence about 300 hp to the wheels
Do you have acess to the compressor maps of this particular unit?
I compare to the ax 2300 on the whipple site.(this is the approx size of mine)
Lysholm Technologies AB

What do you think?
I was a little off - the max rpm for the OE SC on the C32 is 20,700 rpm.
Looking at the Lysolm ax2300, it appears that there is a much lower rpm limit. Unfortunately, no - I don't have any maps of the OE unit. However, judging by the rpm limit, the ax2300 appears to be a completely different unit than our Lysolm OE SC.
Just a quick calculation on the OE unit:
It pushes 1,200kg of air per hour at 20,700rpm. By my calculations, that works out to 16,666 liters/min. That ax2300 unit seems to be much more efficient by pushing 30,000 liters/min at max rpm so that would explain why the OE unit requires a higher rpm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was a little off - the max rpm for the OE SC on the C32 is 20,700 rpm.
Looking at the Lysolm ax2300, it appears that there is a much lower rpm limit. Unfortunately, no - I don't have any maps of the OE unit. However, judging by the rpm limit, the ax2300 appears to be a completely different unit than our Lysolm OE SC.
Just a quick calculation on the OE unit:
It pushes 1,200kg of air per hour at 20,700rpm. By my calculations, that works out to 16,666 liters/min. That ax2300 unit seems to be much more efficient by pushing 30,000 liters/min at max rpm so that would explain why the OE unit requires a higher rpm.
Thank you for taking the time to calculate some of the confusion.
It's better for me this way so I can use smaller pulley designs to make this work.
It sounds like the mercedes has more of the efficiency of the ax 1600. Which is good. I want to boost a stock engine and the lower efficiency compressor gives more room for error.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts