Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed a new factory fiber optic changer and can't get it to play. Head unit and dash read out says no cd changer. Do I have to take the car to the MB dealer so they can reprogram the car's computer? Please advise. Thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did you use the correct fiber optic cable? The cable for the standard headunit is different than the one for the Bose headunit.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lynn,<br>
Yes, I used the fiber optic cable that was supplied with the car in the trunk, pulled it out and it used for the glove box installation. I have the standard headunit not the bose. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This may be wrong, but I have been told that the fiber optic cable in the trunk is for the telephone. If it is for the telephone, I don't know if it will work with the cd changer.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lynn, Thanks for the tip, The extra fiber optic cable can be used for either , just unsnap connectors at ends and change accordingly to application. Finished install yesterday and all works great!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dale, I found the extra optical fiber cable package in my E-430, but not sure how to insert it. I could see an optical cable marked 'radio'<br> behind the liner. Is the extra cable to be inserted into the 'radio' cable by breaking<br> the 'radio' cable connector? I didn't see other<br> loose-end fiber connector that I can plug the<br> extra fiber cable in. I'd like to understand <br> the connection before buying a CD-changer.<br> Appreciate a hint. Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YOU SHOULD MAKE SURE TO TAKE THE OPTIC CABLES APART AND LINE THE RED TO THE WHITE AND SO ON, THEY WILL ONLY WORK IN ONE DIRECTION.<br>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts