Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen several topics on this subject and still have a couple of questions.<br> <br> I ordered my CD changer from autoclass.net. I read it cost around $120 labor to install at the dealership from this site. I called the dealer in my area (Central California) and they tell me it is $250 labor to install, even though I have the parts and installation kit.<br> <br> My first question is can a Good Guys or Best Buy do the install? I do not have the Bose system or COMAND.<br> <br> My second question is where can I locate the installation instructions to make sure that someone other than the dealer can successfully complete the installation?<br> <br> I also read something about the dealer being the only one that can make the CD changer work from the steering wheel. Is this true?<br> <br> Thanks for your assistance.<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I paid $55.20 Canadian to have a Mercedes dealer install the CD player. I bought the Mercedes player from them for $607 Canadian - about $380 dollars US, so they cut me a deal on the install.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would ask the place you purchased it from for the instructions MBZ does print it and I probably have a copy of it at my shop. If you can't get it let me know and I will fax it to you! The most difficult part is getting the wood/radio out to plug the cd changer harness in. I would call the mercedes dealer and see who the use to do aftermarket srereo work and call them. If you have the right cd changer and the bose fiber-optic cable then the steering wheel controls will work, no worries!<br> <br> Scott<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called autoclass.net they are supposed to fax instructions

Thanks Scott for your help. I will wait until tomorrow to see if the instructions come. I would appreciate getting a copy from you if they don't.<br> <br> Will Mercedes actually provide a name of someone to do the install besides themselves? I didn't even think to ask them anything once they adamantly claimed it would definitely take 4 hours to do the install and anyone that said otherwise must have been referring to the one installed in the trunk.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trying to install Mb fiber changer in '02 C240, I'm having a problem finding the 3 pin power ribbon wire that supplies power to the changer. Can't find it behind radio cavity or glovebox where it's supposed to be located. Any suggestions! Really frustrated as I only need power to plug in and I'm rock'in on Cd's. Thanks!<br> Dale<br> [email protected]

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: I called autoclass.net they are supposed to fax instructions

I sure could use CD Changer installation instructions for my 2002 C240 if you have them.<br>
Thanks<br>
<br>
[email protected]<br>
fax 720 489-3807<br>
<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Look on the right side of the transmission hump wrapped...

Thanks for the info, I found it ! but now I can't seem to get the changer to play. Does it have to go in the dealer for them to reprogram the computer?<br> Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts