Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen several topics on this subject and still have a couple of questions.<br> <br> I ordered my CD changer from autoclass.net. I read it cost around $120 labor to install at the dealership from this site. I called the dealer in my area (Central California) and they tell me it is $250 labor to install, even though I have the parts and installation kit.<br> <br> My first question is can a Good Guys or Best Buy do the install? I do not have the Bose system or COMAND.<br> <br> My second question is where can I locate the installation instructions to make sure that someone other than the dealer can successfully complete the installation?<br> <br> I also read something about the dealer being the only one that can make the CD changer work from the steering wheel. Is this true?<br> <br> Thanks for your assistance.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You can do it yourself. You need to swap some cables in the trunk.

Search the archives. You might find some instructions.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: You can do it yourself. You need to swap some cables in the trunk.

Thanks for your reply.<br> <br> I did search the archives but didn't find any instructions except for different models (CLK or SLK).<br> <br> I understood for the C240 that everything is done in the glovebox, not the trunk.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am curious to know if I will be able to purchase the 6 disk changer, fiber optic cable, and installation kit and get it installed on my C320. Is this the cheapest I can get the changer, and also what is the best way to install this changer?<br>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts