Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully completed this install? Is there an adapter for the fiberoptic cable from the stock head unit? I found the power cable bundle but cannot find where to attach the fiber cables. Does the changer go in the hatch area of the coupe?<br> <br> Thanks for your help!<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is'nt it like in the regular C-Class that the changer mounts right into the clove compartment and the fiber optic cable is only installed with the changer, it does not come with the car.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have ordered the 2002 C230 Coupe and would like to know the answer to this question. I have found a unit at autoclass.net for $399. plus another $50. or so for bracket and installation kit. This very much beats the best dealer install that I could find in the area of $900. <br> <br> Are the fiber optic cables and power cable in the glove compartment already or do you need some kind of harness? Also, I read some where that you need to reprogram the radio/cassette unit to be able to see the CD Changer. <br> <br> If anyone has successfully done this install, I would like to know the details.<br> <br> RTB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts