Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well since mercedes guys are dumb, how do you know it will work?If you would do a little research online you'll find it can get pretty complicated installing aftermarket products on newer MB's fiber optics-etc are all on my car.How do you know it will work have you tried it? If you have be nice and help me out please.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It depends on whether you want the integrated functionality (steering wheel controls, phone dialing, etc) to work or not. I'm pretty sure these won't work, but at the end of the day, if you can get power and speaker wires to the player, it should work OK. If you want to add a non-MB CD changer to the stock unit, don't bother - MB will screw you to enable it, and you can only add an Alpine or Bose unit anyway.<br> <br> I intend to do something like this on a 2002 C coupe, I'll post my results.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I have already ordered my pioneer and the radio kit.The guys at my local audio shop thinks it will be ok.Today they took the factory radio out to see the wiring. Fiber optic is used to the amp if you have one , my coupe doesn't because it does not have the bose system (no cd changer either)we traced the fiber optic line to find out it goes to the cargo area attached to nothing.The fiber optic wire is also labeled is says amp on it at the begining (at the radio)and at the end of it in that little pocket storage in the trunk on the passenger side next to the tail light. The pioneer I am getting doesn't need amp anyway it puts out 25 rms per channel(4)thats plenty for what I need.The only thing that is going to be a custom job is the wire harness.They said all they have to do is tie in with the factory wires without cutting anything.I am also going to put a pair of alpine 6x9's in the rear on the cargo shelf which easily sturty enough to support them.The current rear speakers just don't cut it.As for the front I will be replacing those with alpine also. But I will let you know the results in about a week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts