Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is due for the 60,000 Check soon.

Can someone cut and paste the list if they have it of what all is checked of this check-up ?

Also, the "rough" cost of this check up as far as labor, that people have had in the past. I know, it will only be a rough guide, but very interested nonetheless. There is only ONE mercedes indy near me, so i don't have much of a choice for LOCAL stuff. The closest dealer is 45 minutes away, and tend not to like that particular stealership anyways ..!

Thanks to all who respond! :thumbsup:

Dave

·
Registered
321 Posts
I did mine myself. The stuff to check is all listed in the owner's manual but essentially it's oil & filter, air filters, cabin filter, inspect the ball joints, drain & replace transmission/diff oil and maybe one or two other things I'm forgetting off the top of my head. It wasn't a big deal. Took a couple of hours & beers on a weekend. Pretty straightforward stuff.

I have no idea what the dealership charges. I'm sure it's absurd whatever it is.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Most dealers charge $250 for the one wrench service and around $500 for two wrench service plus the cost of parts. If you look at the manual and see the list for what they charge its a joke.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this the 60,000 CHECK or the "B" Check ?!

Okay, I found this list on the internet.

is the "60,0000" check the same or different as the"B" checkup ? I am confused now.

And,uh .. ... lol ... I have yet to find me an owners manual!

Thanks!

-Dave

B - Service Schedule:

BRAKE TEST
Brake test on dynamometer or test drive. Check parking brake and run in according to specifications (on vehicles with 4MATIC, ASR, ETS, ESP observe instructions in Maintenance Manual!).

VEHICLE PASSENGER COMPARTMENT
Function Check:
Horn, headlamp flasher, hazard flasher, turn signals.
Warning/indicator lamps, illumination and interior lighting.
Exterior lighting incl. headlamps.
Windshield wipers.
Windshield washer.
Headlamp cleaning system.
Check seat belts for damage and proper function.
Reset Flexible Service System (FSS) counter in instrument cluster.
Replace dust filter.

WHEELS, BRAKES
Remove and reinstall wheels, rotate if necessary, does not apply for vehicles with different tire sizes front/rear.
Check brake pads for lining thickness front/rear.
Check condition of brake discs front and rear.
Check tires for damage and condition.
Measure tread depth.
Correct tire inflation.

VEHICLE UNDERBODY
Visual check for:
Leakage - Major components.
Chafe marks, line routing, components.
Check condition of front axle ball joints.
Check condition of steering's mechanical components.

ENGINE COMPARTMENT
Visually check:
Leakage - Major components.
Chafe marks, line routing, components.
Engine oil and filter change.
Check and correct fluid level:
Engine cooling system, antifreeze and corrosion protection.
Brake system.
Power steering.
Battery.
A/C system refrigerant level.
Windshield washer system.
Check condition of poly-V-belt.
Lubricate throttle linkage, check function and condition.
Lubricate catch, safety catch and hinges on engine hood.

FRONT, REAR OF VEHICLE
Inspect headlamp setting, adjust to correct setting.
Replace windshield wiper blades.

TRUNK
Check fluid level of soft top/hard top hydraulic system, roll bar, correct

30,000 Miles / 4 Years:

At approx. every 30,000 mi/48,000 km or 4 years:
Check condition of drive shaft flex discs.
Retighten lock bolts of steering. Observe torque.
Replace spark plugs.

60,000 Miles / 4 Years:

At approx. every 60,000 mi/96.000 km or 4 years:
Replace fuel filter.
Replace air cleaner filter element.
Check condition of fuel filler nozzle seal in filler neck, replace if damaged.

2 Years:

Replace brake fluid.
Check body for paint damage (by Service Advisor).
Check chassis and supporting body parts for damage and corrosion (by Service Advisor).

3 Years:

Replace coolant.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yep, fuel filter - forgot that one. It's very easy to get at, although somewhat harder to do so without getting fuel in your eye. Wear goggles. :)

I think the hardest part was getting the one long bolt for the plastic cover thing that goes over (under, really) it.

Get a 17mm hex wrench for the tranny and make sure to undo the fill plug before you undo the drain plug. I know a guy years ago who drained his tranny oil and then found (to his chagrin) that the fill plug was virtually impossible to get at with the tools he had. We had a pretty good laugh over that one.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Yep, fuel filter - forgot that one. It's very easy to get at, although somewhat harder to do so without getting fuel in your eye. Wear goggles. :)

I think the hardest part was getting the one long bolt for the plastic cover thing that goes over (under, really) it.

Get a 17mm hex wrench for the tranny and make sure to undo the fill plug before you undo the drain plug. I know a guy years ago who drained his tranny oil and then found (to his chagrin) that the fill plug was virtually impossible to get at with the tools he had. We had a pretty good laugh over that one.
For those with an Auto there is NO fill plug :p

You fill thru dipstick tube on auto.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Okay, I found this list on the internet.

is the "60,0000" check the same or different as the"B" checkup ? I am confused now.

And,uh .. ... lol ... I have yet to find me an owners manual!

Thanks!

-Dave

Owners manual can be download from "sticky" above

Bazzle

·
Registered
478 Posts
oh oh.. and also the hydraulic fluid for the hood. if you are one that uses the hood often.. i got burnt just last week for not checking the hydraulic level.. now i have a broken ram..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts