Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my problems started when my check engine light came on , it read codes p0715 p0700 so i changed my conductor plate and plug , then i took car to the shop to get the car out of limp mode and erase the codes , but my car is not shifting well through 1st and 2nd gear , and when i checked the cods p0715 still pops up, did anyone ever have a problem like this? could of i ruined the trans when it was in limp mode ? can someone please help? thanks

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Limp-home mode is designed to protect your engine/transmission. It is unlikely to have caused further damage.

I wonder what code P0715 - 'input turbine speed sensor malfunction' refers to? The only speed sensors in the gearbox that I am aware of are Y3/6n2 (RPM sensor 2) and Y3/6n3 (RPM sensor 3) which are located in the Electric Control Unit (Y3/6) This sits above the shift plate in the gearbox.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Limp-home mode is designed to protect your engine/transmission. It is unlikely to have caused further damage.

I wonder what code P0715 - 'input turbine speed sensor malfunction' refers to? The only speed sensors in the gearbox that I am aware of are Y3/6n2 (RPM sensor 2) and Y3/6n3 (RPM sensor 3) which are located in the Electric Control Unit (Y3/6) This sits above the shift plate in the gearbox.
thanks alot i am going to check that out right now , this problem is driving me crazy , thanks again

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I ve just seen the layout you sent me thanks again , great info you sent me , i have a bit more to work with

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Additional info.

More on the 722.6 RPM sensors.

They are used to monitor the speed of the sun & planetary gears within the gearbox, as shown in the drawing below.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More on the 722.6 RPM sensors.

They are used to monitor the speed of the sun & planetary gears within the gearbox, as shown in the drawing below.
thanks again for the second chart iam sure it will be a great deal of help of less stress on me and my pocket lol , if you come up with anything else i would be more than glad to check it out thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts