Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 2001 have the oil life calculator, or was that only later models? If it has it, I have not been able to find it on the drivers information center. thanks for any help,

LR

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
If my 2001 E320 has it I'm sure your 2001 S500 does too. Try finding it using the steering wheel controls. I get to mine using either of the up/down arrow buttons.

·
Registered
1999 S430 w220
202 Posts
Does the 2001 have the oil life calculator, or was that only later models? If it has it, I have not been able to find it on the drivers information center. thanks for any help,

LR
It does. If I'm not mistaken, it is in the milage menu - use arrow buttons on your steering wheel to switch through that menu. Also, there is an oil level measure tool there.

·
Registered
2000 S320
53 Posts

LR
yes it can calculate oil level... you should turn on ignition but dont start engine and car must be at flat road... you can find it by buttons on steering wheel

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, 2000 S 430, 2003 ML270 CDI
291 Posts
Yes the service indicator tells the mileage to next A-or B-service and that is when the oil shall be changed. And that remaining mileage will vary depending on driving patterns, ambient conditions, and actual oil level and condition (there is an electrical sensor that monitors the oil quality by conductance measurement).

Trust the Force, save the environment and change (synthetic only) oil only when the system tells you to do so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts