Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forum and see many options for AUX in. There's the MP40, Dennison, Alambux, etc. I've even seen the cheap tape player option too. All I really want is a real AUX in near the head unit. I want to listen to music from my HTC incredible via Pandora.

I'm wondering who makes the MB head unit? Mine has the NAV. Is it Becker? I'm wondering if anyone ever hacked the head unit to create a real
(direct) AUX in. My unit has a blank button - which I think is for TV in Europe. My car is a USA car.

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Adding Aux in

I got the idea that it's possible to add an aux in because my other car is a old Porsche. I found a place in Saddle Brook, NJ that can add an Aux in on a 80's Blaupunkt cassette player. If someone can do that -- surly they can do it on a 2001 MB stereo.

·
Registered
2000 and 2003 W220 S500
930 Posts
My best response would be to go to the same guys...and ask if you could document the process. I'm sure that will be valuable information.

·
Registered
2004 (w220) S500 & (R230) SL550 2007
649 Posts
You should have AUX already

I've searched the forum and see many options for AUX in. There's the MP40, Dennison, Alambux, etc. I've even seen the cheap tape player option too. All I really want is a real AUX in near the head unit. I want to listen to music from my HTC incredible via Pandora.

I'm wondering who makes the MB head unit? Mine has the NAV. Is it Becker? I'm wondering if anyone ever hacked the head unit to create a real
(direct) AUX in. My unit has a blank button - which I think is for TV in Europe. My car is a USA car.

Thanks
Look inthe glove box on left side. I am pretty sure it has it. In the 2.0 COMAND press SVC then use knob to roll down to AUX. My '01 clk has the almost same Comand unit and I listen to pandora and my mp3 player on AUX all the time. Perhaps you just need the wire loom.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w208-clk-class/1458264-comand-2-0-retrofit-w208-cabriolet.html#post3598865

I did write up a DIY COmand retrofit for the W208, with pics. I put my AUX in jack in the ashtray for easier access from driver's seat.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
Only the 2003 W220 had an AUX input in the glove compartment. No other W220 had one.

·
Registered
2004 (w220) S500 & (R230) SL550 2007
649 Posts
that's suprising

Are you sure that the 2001 comand has no AUX in for any on screen menu?

I just find it hard to beleive that the CLK would have a better option on its comand.

Perhaps a wiring loom might be needed I did have to use one to get my AUX input, but there was an onscreen choice under SVC

·
Registered
mercedes S500l
24 Posts
you can add a/v inputs through the tv tuner if you have one, or via a module (availible on ebay) that connects to your command through the tv tuner input :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts