Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 S430 and the alt. failed, we replaced the battery with a new one, as well as the alt. in this process of a week long wait for the alt. to come the front suspension lowered to the frame. After replacing the alt. and batt. the Airmatic failed to initiate while diagnosing the Airmatic we moved a few relays in the pass. side under the hood and now the vehicle does not recognize the key it turns in the ignition but no lights, no crank. The key still operates the door lock and unlock. The car did start after the batt. and alt. was replaced after I shut the car off switched the relays went back and tried to start thats when it failed to ign on and crank. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1989 300E 1991 300E 2000 S430 2006 SLK55 AMG
104 Posts
I have a 01 S430 and the alt. failed, we replaced the battery with a new one, as well as the alt. in this process of a week long wait for the alt. to come the front suspension lowered to the frame. After replacing the alt. and batt. the Airmatic failed to initiate while diagnosing the Airmatic we moved a few relays in the pass. side under the hood and now the vehicle does not recognize the key it turns in the ignition but no lights, no crank. The key still operates the door lock and unlock. The car did start after the batt. and alt. was replaced after I shut the car off switched the relays went back and tried to start thats when it failed to ign on and crank. Any ideas?
I'm not the best person to help you, but I feel your pain.
Just a thought. It appears that all 4 of the relays O through K are all different. In my car I just replaced the Airmatic with a new hella relay from the dealer. "K" is marked 438, "L" ia a green hella relay and "N" is marked 518. Can they be switched around without causing a problem and if so does this rule out a bad relay? Their are people here that can answer this question, i'm sure.

Good Luck
Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay just an update found the issue out there is whats called a "cable connection box" located under the passenger carpet area in the front (interior) it had blown the fuses replaced and she fired right up, and the airmatic was pump failure (well actually the valve block was no good)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts