Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this forums has been tremendously helpful. Thanks for keeping it clean and informative.

So the battery died, and upon recharging it, I have a few electronic errors on my driver console (yes, I did a search and found varying opinions/results). This really seems to be all electrical issues (doubtful its mechanical failure). Wondering if any of you have had these exact problems/issues and been able to find the best way to correct them:

1. "Entrance position" error
-I tried moving the steering column up and down, forward and back, multiple times, along with physically pushing and pulling the wheel itself to see if that triggered the reset. Also drove a few times to see if it would reset on its own, but with no luck. Possible I need to reset a fuse for this?

2. "Airmatic" error
-airmatic has been working fine, so it doesn't appear to be a pump/valve block or strut issue. Could this be a fuse replacement also? Someone mentioned replacing the relay. But I'm not sure if this is needed. The car rides low. Someone also mentioned about replacing the "right rear wheel speed sensor"

3. ESP button on dash does not light up.
-I figure this is just replacing the fuse.

I have disconnected, allowed 10 min to pass, and reconnected the battery, which hasn't changed much.

Any help/feedback would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
You likely need to get on SDS to clear codes.. low voltage makes Everything go crazy and Fills the system with codes.

Where are you located?

Jonathan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Jonathan.

In San Francisco CA area. I'll look into the SDS thing.

I checked the fuses. Fixed the ESP issue. Just ordered the Hella relay fuse for the airmatic issue. Hopefully that will help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just fixed it! Hope this helps others.

So I actually left the engine on, car running, and switched the vertical up/down fuses for the steering column. The light still showed "entrance position" error in red. I then switched the horizontal left/right fuses for the steering column. I go back to the driver console, and behold, the errors are gone!

So if this appears to be an electrical issue after recharging the battery, where "entrance position" error appears. Try switching out the steering column fuses!

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
Thank you for the feedback.

I'm a little puzzled at the description of "left/right" fuses. The steering column moves up/down and in/out - I am not aware of any left/right movement.

It is likely that cutting power by removal of both simultaneously fuses allowed the fault to clear.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hello,

All you have to do is drive the car for five minutes and move your steering wheel far right and left to reset the sensors. All the errors should go away in no time. Let me know if that helps!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the feedback.

I'm a little puzzled at the description of "left/right" fuses. The steering column moves up/down and in/out - I am not aware of any left/right movement.

It is likely that cutting power by removal of both simultaneously fuses allowed the fault to clear.
Skylaw, you are correct. "left/right" should be "in/out". Wrote it up too quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts