Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No never had lots of keys hanging on ignition .What this would cause is ignition key barrel to go bad and make it hard to turn.The part that went bad was the actual ignition electrical switch located at the bottom of ignition switch under dash.The way i determine that this part was bad is I test all electrical wires located on harness plugged onto bottom of ignition switch . I found that the wires that are supposed to have 12 volts at different positions of ignition switch ,did not have 12 volts.Thanks for your congrats,car is running great so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No never had lots of keys hanging on ignition .What this would cause is ignition key barrel to go bad and make it hard to turn.The part that went bad was the actual ignition electrical switch located at the bottom of ignition switch under dash.The way i determine that this part was bad is I test all electrical wires located on harness plugged onto bottom of ignition switch . I found that the wires that are supposed to have 12 volts at different positions of ignition switch ,did not have 12 volts.Thanks for your congrats,car is running great so far.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts