Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2001 ML320 Remove Rear Seats Plastic Trim without breaking

333 6
Searched and did not find any posts on this. Closest was "Seat Stuck Down" in stickies (copied parts image)

I a removing the rear row of seats to replace carpet and want to not damage nor break any of the plastic trim parts figuring out "how" to do it. Those are fragile, and are now aged.

I can see those which are released from top-side, but not the hidden catches. Does it help to release any of the gas-assist cylinders?

Looking specifically for instructions on those (ex 44, 47, 50, ++) which cover the screws and nuts?

A complete WIS would be great. Torques for reattaching would be there as well.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1998 Franken-ML, 2002 ML55
839 Posts
Searched and did not find any posts on this. Closest was "Seat Stuck Down" in stickies (copied parts image)

I a removing the rear row of seats to replace carpet and want to not damage nor break any of the plastic trim parts figuring out "how" to do it. Those are fragile, and are now aged.

I can see those which are released from top-side, but not the hidden catches. Does it help to release any of the gas-assist cylinders?

Looking specifically for instructions on those (ex 44, 47, 50, ++) which cover the screws and nuts?

A complete WIS would be great. Torques for reattaching would be there as well.
I have yet to figure out how to get that trim out without breaking a tab or two, no matter how careful I am. Best suggestion, either make sure you find all of the tabs and use some really good plastic welding adhesive to reattach them, or get some spare pieces at a junkyard to use as tab sources.
This falls under the category of "Mercedes screwed up when they shifted the seat trim material from polypropylene to ABS in 2000."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts