Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2001 ml320 last year with 75,000 miles from a mb dealer. It sat on the dealer lot about 6 months. I drove it 4,000 miles and the oil light came on so I added a quart of oil and took it back to the dealer for them to check this out. Everything was fine. Drove it 4,000 more miles, had to add more oil. Took it back and they ran testing on the car which required me to drive it a certain number of miles and return it to them for results. We did this 3 times and the final result was, the car is fine and this is normal operation per Mercedes Benz standards. I continue to drive the car and add oil about every 4,000 miles. My question is, is this normal for this car? Is this because of the synthetic oil and there is a longer time between oil changes? Please advise because I am getting ready to take the car in for the 100,000 check up and I just have doubts about what they are telling me. I really want to like this car but every time the oil light comes on I get angry because I have never had this problem with any other vehicle I have owned in the past. Thanks for your help. Jackie Davis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts