Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wodering what is a good trade-in value for a 2001 E55 with K2a, CD changer, and 16,500 miles?

·
Registered
4 Posts
For high line cars like the e55, m5, s55 or porsche turbo, these sites may not have any ...

For high line cars like the e55, m5, s55 or porsche turbo, these sites may not have any pricing due to them obtaining data of past sales from dealers and auctions (I'm not sure how/if private sales are obtained).

But IME, a one year pre-owned vehicle with low mileage is usually purchased / trade-in for a price anywhere at dealers cost to 5 to 15% below. Dealers then will bring it back to MSRP or greater. I believe most MBZ dealers wont sell new cars above MSRP, but if they have a good preowned, and especially any '55', they certainly can.

Last year while shopping for an e55, local dealerships had current year preowned cars at higher than MSRP. When I inquired why, the reply was close to what I mentioned above.

While I'm not sure how widely this is practiced, it was also mentioned that some sales people themselves will buy the car at near cost and sell it back to the dealership at close to MSRP and then sell the car as preowned at a higher price, typically a few thousand more to make an easy profit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts