Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Mercedes Benz E320 (W210)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im new to this website but ive been looking around and it seems like alot of ppl on here know what they're talking about. 1st things 1st, i have a 2001 e320 with 143k miles. great car but recently not so great lol
last week i was driving and the car just stopped moving, i have it in 'D' but when i hit the gas pedal it seems as if it is in neutral.it also makes this weird buzzing or whining sound when i press the gas. same thing when i put it in 'R', the RPM's jump as i hit the gas pedal but nothing else. my check engine light came on also. when i shut off the car and wait for a few minutes, turn it back on i was able to quickly drive home, luckily it made it home and as i was pulling into my driveway it did the same thing. i had it towed to my mechanic who is a family friend and specializes in european autos. we removed the transmission pan and replaced the filter and added in about 2.5 quarts of the tranny fluid that came out. he read the codes on his SDS computer and it read 2 tranny codes and 1 for the MAF. it drove fine for a week and now here i am, my car is doing the same thing. my mechanic said it will require a rebuild which he will charge me $2000 for including parts labor and tax, great deal but still, $2k is alot of money. i was wondering since it shows a code, could this be is an electrical problem, could it be an electrical component inside the tranny, conducter plate, sensors? any help is appreciated

ps. the car only stops moving when brought up to operating temp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i seem to have misplaced the paper he gave me with the codes, i will get back to you on that as soon as i have the codes read agian

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Please do, those will be very helpful. I can't do much with them but there are several good transmission diagnosticians on here who can.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just got the codes read and this is what i got

P2502
P220A
P2500
P2310
P2313
P2001

so far i have low hopes that it does not need a tranny rebuild, but any help is appreciated!

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
i just got the codes read and this is what i got

P2502
P220A
P2500
P2310
P2313
P2001

so far i have low hopes that it does not need a tranny rebuild, but any help is appreciated!
I would love to find out what you spend, as he would be blowing smoke OOHA.

I don't believe they are W210 MB transmission or MB OBD fault codes. The MB OBD engine control unit transmission faults would all be P700's.

Ask him to convert the values!! I would also love to know what SDS software he is using and where he hooked in to read the faults.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no need to convert the codes
we opened up the tranny, the torque converter is burned. the cause was a non operational front pump which caused the tranny to overheat from the internal friction of the sliding discs..
so im going to need a rebuild and a new torque converter. thanks for all the help, really appreciated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts