Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
There wouldn't by chance be a piece of protective plastic film on it that was never removed?

Probably not, but that's just what came to mind first.

Otherwise???

Brian - Yakima, WA
2000 E320

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
Does it have an engraved label that says "OBJECTS MAY APPEAR MORE BLURY THAN THEY REALY ARE"?

·
Registered
2001 E320
78 Posts
Some funny responses to this one, however, I too have this same issue. I've been contemplating replacing the mirror and am wondering if it can be as simple as replacing the glass in the mirror rather than the entire mirror assembly.

Of course, I'm gonna look for plastic coating too, now that you mention it.

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
You can get just the mirror glass from the dealership. Get the European glass if you are going to replace them. The outer edge of the Euro glass is convex to see around your blind spots better. There seams to be a lot of complaints about the US mirror quality.

·
Registered
2001 E320
78 Posts
Dealer told me today that the drivers mirror is only available as a complete assembly (internals only). i.e. I can't just buy the glass portion from them. Bottomline ~$300 installed.

I'll pass on that....I can cross my eyes a bit to clear up the image for now. [:)]

Any sources out there for OEM mirror glass? Other than that, I guess I can start scouting the junk yards for a drivers mirror.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts