Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01” 320 base model with possibly same weird ticking noise. No ticking in the engine bay or under hood. Noise seaming to come from somewhere by trans. Pan. Or exhaust. Can hear best on sides of car vursus front? Anyone with similar problems fix there’s and can help a brother out. I was thinking cats.? But noise seams louder on passenger side. When got low seamed to come from trans or in that general area??? No codes on obd. Any ideas?or someone else have this problem?

·
W210 Section Moderator
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
8,557 Posts
Hello :).

Is the ticking noise related to the engine rpm ? What is the time between ticks (approximately) ? Does the ticking noise disappear when the car is in gear (D or R) ? Do you have ticking with the engine cold , hot, or both ?

·
W163 and General M Gremlin
7,256 Posts
I have an 01” 320 base model with possibly same weird ticking noise. No ticking in the engine bay or under hood. Noise seaming to come from somewhere by trans. Pan. Or exhaust. Can hear best on sides of car vursus front? Anyone with similar problems fix there’s and can help a brother out. I was thinking cats.? But noise seams louder on passenger side. When got low seamed to come from trans or in that general area??? No codes on obd. Any ideas?or someone else have this problem?
Welcome to BW Frank,

Good to have you as a new member.
Please complete your BW registration so members may better assist you.
Goto your ===> user CP profile====> click on your icon----> click on Account Settings----> goto Account Details----> add vehicle details----> ADD your make model YEAR ----> click save.

What's with the duplicate posts? (Not necessary....) - removed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yah I checked and the ticking comes and goes when it’s present it goes along with gas pedal. When cold I don’t know. I’ll have to check that. It doesn’t disappear in gear. It stays ticking

·
W210 Section Moderator
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
8,557 Posts
What is the frequency of the ticks ? Once a second? More ? Less ? Any videos you can upload with the ticking sound ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts