Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 e320 4matic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 e320 in which the sunroof drain is leaking into the car. I took off the windshield pillar trim on the passenger side , and when i had someone pour water into the drain hole the water is dripping from the top of the pillar over the airbag strap an into the car. How do I fix this problem ??

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,367 Posts
The sunroof drains are via tubes that run from the side gutter corner to exit under the car. Maybe you have a blockage there? Try poking a thin wire up each drain (carefully) from beneath.

However. even if a drain is blocked I am not sure why the water should enter the B pillar. You might have to take off the interior trim to investigate that.

·
Registered
2001 e320 4matic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

I was able to thread a thin 3 ft wire from the roof opening down the tube without any problem. Also from under the car I poked a screwdriver up the exit hole with experiencing any resistance. In one test I did see a small amount of water exiting under the car. The problem is that it is dripping into the pillar and down into the car as well. I have taken off the pillar trim and can catch water in a basin inside the car as someone pours water into the drain tube from above.

·
Registered
2001 e320 4matic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2001 sunroof drain leaking

Hi

I was able to thread a thin 3 ft wire from the roof opening down the tube without any problem. Also from under the car I poked a screwdriver up the exit hole with experiencing any resistance. In one test I did see a small amount of water exiting under the car. The problem is that it is dripping into the pillar and down into the car as well. I have taken off the pillar trim and can catch water in a basin inside the car as someone pours water into the drain tube from above.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,367 Posts
Does the sunroof drain tube take the A pillar path?

If so, maybe there is a split in the tube, or it has detached itself at the top. Try blocking the tube exit under the car and see if the flow increases in the pillar during the test.

·
Registered
2001 e320 4matic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plugging up the exit hole would not have much effect as the water does not get that far. I have not as yet seen the drain tube. I assumed it ran inside the pillar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts