Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an extra optical fiber cable package<br> behind left side of trunk liner in my E-430, but <br> not sure how to insert it. I couldn't find any <br> loose-end fiber connector to plug the extra fiber <br> cable harness in. I thought I should be able to<br> locate 2 orange colored fiber easily, but I looked<br> and looked to no avail. Also looked behind the <br> right side of liner, but there is no optical<br> fiber. <br> <br> There is an optical cable marked 'radio' behind<br> the left side liner. Is the extra harness to be<br> inserted into the 'radio' cable by breaking <br> the 'radio' cable connector?<br> <br> Any hints are appreciated.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 'radio' cable has a tag on either side of the<br> connector. On tag is marked 'radio out' and the<br> other is marked 'E-call in'. The extra harness<br> has two fiber marked 'CDC in' and 'CDC out'. If<br> I guess it right and insert the harness, the <br> connection should looklike the following:<br> <br> -- radio out -> CDC in -- CDC out -> E-call in --<br> ||<br> ||<br> LED connector<br> <br> |<------------------>|<br> Harness assembly<br> <br> then the LED-like connector of the harness could<br> be connected to the CD-changer unit.<br> <br> Does this make sense?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts