Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! New to forum. I purchased a 2001 clk 55 amg coupe as a project. Body and interior are almost perfect. Car had been sitting in a garage for 5 years. So for under car have changed all converters, O2’s and mass airflow. Engine is running good. I’m having a issue with my wipers, windows, directionals and sun roof which are all not working. I have changed the multi function switch, both door modules, taken up the floor on passenger side and checked connections to body modules there. Changed window switch panel and checked all fuses and relays in Can box. Still I am getting nothing. I’m so baffled. The only thing I can think is they possibly all run on the same circuit and I’m missing something. Am I correct with thinking that? Or are there multiple issues I need to dig into here? I’m almost ready to call it quits and figured I’d reach out and see if anyone can point me in the right direction here. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
1999 W208 CLK320
397 Posts
I'm sure you have, but have you found and checked all 3 fuse boxes? 1 in the engine bay, 1 in the trunk and one on the A pillar inside either the driver or passenger door ( I'm in the UK so for me it's inside the drivers door).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure you have, but have you found and checked all 3 fuse boxes? 1 in the engine bay, 1 in the trunk and one on the A pillar inside either the driver or passenger door ( I'm in the UK so for me it's inside the drivers door).
I have. All fuses are good. I just ordered a used SAM module. Thinking possibly the wiper issue may be due to that. But not sure if that will affect the directionals. Hazards work just no directionals. I ordered a new clock spring as well and hoping that fixes the directionals. Then hopefully I can figure out the window issue.

·
Registered
1999 W208 CLK320
397 Posts
Wiper/indicator stalk?

Probably not what you want to hear, but you could save a lot of time and money if you can get the car on the Mercedes STAR diagnostics system, if there's a indy near you?

Sorry I can't help more. It's pretty quiet around here right now, but I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable guys will drop by soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wiper/indicator stalk?

Probably not what you want to hear, but you could save a lot of time and money if you can get the car on the Mercedes STAR diagnostics system, if there's a indy near you?

Sorry I can't help more. It's pretty quiet around here right now, but I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable guys will drop by soon.
Yes, I changed that as well with a brand new OE one. No one is really open around here due to the virus.... I’m working on her to keep me busy..lol. Got a lot of great info from this forum already. I feel like I’m just changing parts but 🤷🏻‍♂️. Eventually it’ll happen!

·
Registered
1999 W208 CLK320
397 Posts
I've had a quick search on the forum and came back with this thread. It's for the W210, but the cars are quite similar, maybe it'll give you a couple of ideas where to look.

Hope it helps, good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had a quick search on the forum and came back with this thread. It's for the W210, but the cars are quite similar, maybe it'll give you a couple of ideas where to look.

Hope it helps, good luck.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts