Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2001 CLK430 cab. on order and have a question

G
1119 1
I should hopefully see my new car by Oct. My question is, how do you all feel about this car having collectable value for the future. Should these be sought after like the muscle cars of the late 60's and early 70's. I have always wanted a 68-69 Shelby 500 convertable, I saw one in the old car trader although due to herniated discs in my lower back I need more comfort.<p>I have really enjoyed Mercedes quality in the past 2 I have owned and 92 400E and a 95 S320. So I think that I will be enjoying this vehicle as well. <p>Another question I now have is weather to stay with the CLK430 cab which I ordered loaded in Silver with ash top and interior. Or would I want to go to the CLK55 and I am not certain how much they will be??? I think I will enjoy the cab for I spend half of my time now at the beach here in FL and have had a 97 BMW 328ic for the past 1.5 years which I will be trading for the CLK430 so perhaps I will stick with that order. Maybe I can place an order for a 2002 CLK55 and decide then weather I would want to move out of my cab. I am sure my dealer could fill its delivery if I didn't take it???<p>Hope you all are enjoying your CLK's I am really looking forward to the delivery on mine. I will be 40 in 2001 so it is an early present to myself.<p>Jim
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The CLK as collectible, depends which model. Most likely the CLK55 will be since they only have a limited production for release.<br>If you want the CLK55, it will take forever because of the limited quantity. You can probably order the 55 and trade in the cab<br>when it comes.<p>Advanced Happy Birthday, BTW.<p>Alex<p>: I should hopefully see my new car by Oct. My question is, how do you all feel about this car having collectable value for the future. Should these be sought after like the muscle cars of the late 60's and early 70's. I have always wanted a 68-69 Shelby 500 convertable, I saw one in the old car trader although due to herniated discs in my lower back I need more comfort.<p>I have really enjoyed Mercedes quality in the past 2 I have owned and 92 400E and a 95 S320. So I think that I will be enjoying this vehicle as well. <p>Another question I now have is weather to stay with the CLK430 cab which I ordered loaded in Silver with ash top and interior. Or would I want to go to the CLK55 and I am not certain how much they will be??? I think I will enjoy the cab for I spend half of my time now at the beach here in FL and have had a 97 BMW 328ic for the past 1.5 years which I will be trading for the CLK430 so perhaps I will stick with that order. Maybe I can place an order for a 2002 CLK55 and decide then weather I would want to move out of my cab. I am sure my dealer could fill its delivery if I didn't take it???<p>Hope you all are enjoying your CLK's I am really looking forward to the delivery on mine. I will be 40 in 2001 so it is an early present to myself.<p>Jim<p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.