Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CLK55<br>Silver/Black<br>delivery miles (100mi.). Available NOW!<br>$72000<br>214.868.8700

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
why such a bargin?

: CLK55<br>Silver/Black<br>delivery miles (100mi.). Available NOW!<br>$72000<br>214.868.8700<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not such a bargain-that's market right now

That's not a bargain-its still a few thousand over list price. If you follow this discussion board (or some of the other mbz boards)there have been a few cars lately at or near msrp.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CLK55 Pricing & My Recent Experience

I recently bought a CLK55 from Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach, but did exhaustive checking on pricing. Most dealers that had orders on the car, fulfilled those orders at MSRP. Some sold the cars to middlemen, bought them back used and slapped an $85K plus tag on them. A few dealers advertise them at MSRP and then decide not to sell them to you unless you pay MSRP + $10K. In my case I was lucky enough to be at the dealer the day a purchased fell through and they sold me the car at MSRP. If a Private Party is advertising a CLK55 at anywhere near sticker, consider your self lucky and buy the car! It is going nowhere but up.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: That's not such a bargain-that's market right now

Since I actually bought a CLK55 and don't need to follow the board to know what the market is, I know that is a bargin. MRSP with tax and CD player, no Command, no phone, my car was $74k. Dumb ass.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got my CLK55 from a private party...

I was still 15th on a list at Smythe in San Jose, California so when I saw a CLK55 with 3k miles, the K2a phone/CD pkg, the 100k warranty, and other options (all ~$5k+) I followed up. Asking was $75k and my offer of $72k was accepted. Anyway there are some numbers for a hot market.<p>As for the car, wow. Absolutely no disapointments on my end. My wife, however, has pronounced that she does not like it. She says it has a "f**k me look" because its nose is against the ground and its tail up in the air.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hammernuts-quick, whats 2 + 2 (by the way, nice name)

You must have flunked math. Gee, I own a CLK55 too (yes, you are nothing special buddy boy-even though you obviously think you are) and I could add $67,400 list + 645 destination + $3,804.50 lux tax= $71,849.50.<p>The car is in Texas (214 area code) so no sales tax and it doesn't have a cd. Maybe next time you should give yourself an enema to relax yourself before you hit the post key.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeff, must not be able to read...

cause he has his head up his ass. Ray's post above makes it clear that resalers often go down (like Jeff's mom) from their original price. Do the math, a CLK55 with 100 miles asking list, probably take less = bargin. Jeff + attitude= dumb ass. And I really doubt that you have a CLK55, you probably spend your time wackin' it to car magazines in the bathroom of a Quikie-Lube where you work, when you aren't home with your mom douching the days fillings out of her. LOL.<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lobotomy

I am really enjoying your posts because you just keep embarrasing yourself more and more every time you make one. <p>Hammernuts, you must have gotten that name at Pelican Bay. Make sure you keep taking your meds beacause it seems like they are starting to wear off.<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Never trust a used car salesman. I don't Cotton to your attitude, Jeff.

: I am really enjoying your posts because you just keep embarrasing yourself more and more every time you make one. <p>Hammernuts, you must have gotten that name at Pelican Bay. Make sure you keep taking your meds beacause it seems like they are starting to wear off.<p><p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hammernuts me down my lord, Hammernuts me down...

Cotton to my attitude? Quit talking about your personal problems again Hammernuts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: CLK55 Pricing & My Recent Experience

Got mine in January from the House of Imports for MSRP ($67,400). But then, I had to trade-in my CLK430 where I know the dealer made at least $7K off of.<p>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts