Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many minor annoyances on my new C320. Stalling,<br>
one seat belt difficult to come out, occasional loud 'thump' from the rear speakers even when radio turned down low. They keep the car for two days and return it unfixed -'cannot be duplicated'.<br>
Anyone else experiencing same?<br>
Anyone know where I can get a single in dash CD player?<br>
Sound advise wants $1200 to replace speakers and wiring and install CD.I don't want a multi CD in the glove compartment.<br>
Thanks !<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yes, me too, they have my c240 for the sixth time... i owned a bmw 318is for 5 years, brand new, took it in only once?? cant believe this, i feel bad, my neighbors think i buy a new mercedes every month!! (all the loaners ive gotten...)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Common bugs

I have had some common ones:<br> <br> - squeeky, rattling seat<br> - noisy door seal<br> <br> And a few others:<br> - wheel alignment<br> - 'engine light' (due to tank sensor fault)<br> - rattle in right front door<br> - a few other ones<br> <br> But all these have been minor items. The new C is 'new', as the word says... even a new space shuttle needs maintenance (a lot of it). As long as the faults on my Benz are minor and are fixed under warranty, it is not a big deal. I mean if the engine or gearbox had poroblems, THAT would worry me. But a squeeky seat is minor and fixable. <br> <br> That's my 0.02.<br> <br> Michael<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Common bugs

Michael, can explain what you mean by 'rattling seats' because i think i have the same problem with my 240. Ever so often, it feels like the leather inserts shift when driving. Was it same for you? What did MB do about it?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seat

Hi,<br> <br> Two problems: first a squeeking sound when driving, going over bumps. Then later, I heard a clicking sound every time I drove over uneven roads (like all Canadian roads). <br> <br> They thoroughly lubricated the seat twice. If it happens again they are going to replace the bottom seat assembly.<br> <br> Michael<br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PS

PS: I analysed the clicking (which seemed to come from the dash) by holding on to the seat while driving: every time I heard a tick, I felt it in the seat.<br> <br> Michael

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seems like it can't be fixed

My seats rattles and I brought it to service for 3 times.<br> It still rattles.<br> I think it can't be fixed<br> I'm thinking of changing it to a 02 model <br> hope that they fixed all the minor bugs

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replace seat base

Ask your dealer to replace the entire seat base. If mine rattles once more I will do that same and they have promised they will replace it. That will fix it once and for all.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry-was away for coupla days.<br> Me too with the squeeks on the drivers seat last week.They had to take out the entire seat.No one answered about the CD player. What have you guys done? Only MB's( for $1000) will work with the Bose speakers and the fibre optics cable. Did you go for the MB in pocket one? or did you find an indash one?. Went to Sound Advice yesterday-they want $1200 to replace speakers and F.O. wiring and install new in dash player. Guess I wait a few months until someone makes a F.O. compatible, indash player.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Radio

I got the Mercedes CD player (at cost, $500 plus labor, 3 hours). I was just not prepared to ewait another year. :)<br> <br> Michael<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: 2001 C320 bugs

They quoted me $900 and something in Pompano FL<br> for the MB CD player- maybe I can beat them down<br> to the, whatwas it?, $550 you paid.<br> I really want a single, indash player rather than that multi player in the pocket. Can't see myself trying to lean over to the passenger side to change a Cd while driving if I don't like whats already loaded.<br> Tried everywhere but there is nothing I can find that will work with the F. Optics wiring.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: seems like it can't be fixed

Change it for a '02? You're throwing away over $5K. If you have that kind of money why don't you go upscale with the E? It has more status. It's more reliable and proven...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Parangles, what was your problem with stalling? I have just got and returned my C320 as it has an intermttent problem with idling in drive at traffic lights etc. Sometimes I think it is going to cut out completely, other times it feels like a diesel, other times it is fine.<br> <br> What did MB do to fix the problem?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
re: Dalfruin -Stalling

As with most of my complaints, The dealer said it<br> 'could not be duplicated' and suggested that it was because we were topping up the gas tank- In Europe that means adding a quater tank to a half tank, apparently here in the USA it means adding gas after the nozzle shuts of- Untrue in both cases with me. Have not had the problem since.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We have experienced the same random thumping. This only started after the radio was looked at for another sound system malfunction. The radio was replaced, but the thumping still continues in radio and CD modes. We are taking it back to the dealer when we return from vacation. Just to let you know, you may want to check the Bose,com web site. They have an 800 number to call them for tech. help. Have not tried it yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts