Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 C320 Black/Tan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!

My c320 started having air conditioning issues today. As i was driving to work, the AC stopped blowing cold air. I noticed that on the climate control panel the button the says "AC rest off" is on and I cant shut that button off. I tried to restart the car, it didnt work. the light is on and i do not have anymore AC. Please help. I hope its not the compressor becuase i changed that a couple of years ago. Not fun and expensive.

thanks,
alex

·
Registered
2001 C320 Black/Tan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice. i cant take the dash apart becuase i do not have the tools or the know-how. Im thinkin of gettin a can from pepboys to charge the AC. do you think that will work considering the button EC/REST button wont turn off?

·
Registered
2002 C320; 17" AMG 5-split-spoke wheels with Michelin PS2 tires
111 Posts
thanks for the advice. i cant take the dash apart becuase i do not have the tools or the know-how. Im thinkin of gettin a can from pepboys to charge the AC. do you think that will work considering the button EC/REST button wont turn off?
It's worth trying. The EC light will stay on when the freon is low b/c the condenser sees that it doesn't have the proper fluid moving through it, so it shuts down to protect the unit. If that doesn't work, do as Frank says (or have someone else do it).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts