Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I searched around and couldn’t see anything posted recently on this topic. Any advice would be appreciated. I’m looking to pick up a low mileage 2000 SL500, it’s actually in for its pre-purchase inspection today. I had my insurer, Farmers here in CA quote me for full “Soup to Nuts” coverage and it’s pricing out at around $80 per month. They had difficulty establishing a rate due to erratic valuations of the vehicle. Is that monthly rate in the range of other members or should I shop around some more? Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
1998 500SL
68 Posts
Depending upon how much you wish to drive the SL, Hagerty will almost certainly be your best bet. They do limit you to less than 5k/year.

·
1995 Mercedes S420, 1995 SL320, 2000 Land Rover Discovery II, 1985 Lotus Turbo Esprit
2,127 Posts
Yep. If tis isn't going to be your daily driver, call Hagerty and get a collector policy. I pay about $85 a month for THREE collector cars -- two Mercedes and a Lotus.

·
Registered
Departed 1998 SL500 (and the Pano is in Bogota)
11,943 Posts
There are 2 parts to auto insurance, one is based on the value of the car and the other part is based on you own driving record.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep. If tis isn't going to be your daily driver, call Hagerty and get a collector policy. I pay about $85 a month for THREE collector cars -- two Mercedes and a Lotus.
Great advice. I called Hagerty and they’re 1/3rd of what Farmers was for the same coverage. Thanks So Much! You made my day!

·
1995 Mercedes S420, 1995 SL320, 2000 Land Rover Discovery II, 1985 Lotus Turbo Esprit
2,127 Posts
Excellent. Hagerty is a fantastic company too. I honestly cannot say enough good things about them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts