Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1998 C 230 34k Miles Black
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
22k for a 4600 miles, Sport Pack, 2000 Sl500 is safe right.. perfect one owner car.

top retail, but it seems the market is a little beyond the books for the right car

Any opinions

·
Registered
2000 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes SL 320 V6
4,527 Posts
shaynes a little more details like car and interior color or the presence of a full service history and possibly pics or links where the car is shown might help us to determine a better value of the car.
From the little I understand of the American second hand American market (I'm Italian and I live in Italy but I'm an insurance professional) I see that 20,000 USD top would be a more suitable price.
Fellow American members can be more accurate about your question.

Cheers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought it 22800, Firemist Red on Shell Interior, with Java top, AMG Sport Package and 4600 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no transport fees since it is close too me, and my local dealer told me that would be able to retail that car for a considerable amount more due to the sport package and the miles, plus it is just what I am looking for, a basically new Sport Package car for 80% off the original sticker that is a hard thing to beat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Consequently our 95 e320 Cab will go up for sale, imperial red on parchment, new top, all cylinders redone by Dennis Fickens, and new leather front seats, 42k miles.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Congrats for your purchase shaynes honestly I have to take my hat off since it's a very very nice car.
Now your next step is to take a few very good pics of the car and put them in the picture threat.

God I do envy you lol.

Cheers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Owner is abroad and I will get it in a few weeks, then I will do so, basically a brand new car... love the color too.

·
Registered
96 SL500, 97 E420,
1,098 Posts
That's a nice practically brand new car, good find, but is the roll bar stuck in the up position? :)

·
Banned
Y2K SL500 Silver
8,660 Posts
I just bought it $22,800, Firemist Red on Shell Interior, with Java top, AMG Sport Package and 4600 miles.
Welcome to the R129 Forum! You wil now need to add your new car to your member profile.
I love the 548 Firemist Red Metallic color especially with the 4.6K miles. You will absolutely love this car. I got my 2000 SL500 with 20K miles and still really enjoy it at 36K.
Where you able to get any of the following additional options?

SL2 Value Added Package: ($1,820)

Xenon headlights w/ automatic level control w/o headlight washer/wiper
Integrated trunk-mounted fiber optic 6-disc CD changer,
Electrically heated seats

Special Order Options:

Wood and leather trimmed shift knob ($150)
Wood and leather sterring wheel ($1,800)
Multicontour Seats ($710)
Panoramic glass roof p/n 1297902540 ($3,695)
Adaptive Damping Suspension System (ADS)$4K-$5K

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As soon as I get the car I will do the requisite breakdown of options and pics... I do the same with the Rennlist for the Porsche, I know the post ain't worth much without great pics.... LOL

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
These are weak but the only ones I have
shaynes there's something strange in your car that I just noticed: usually when they install the leather/wood knob they install the leather/steering wheel as well.
More, in the 2nd pic of your car the shift knob is leather/wood and in the 5th pic it appears only to be full leather.
Is it just me seeing things?

Cheers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well all I can say is I haven't seen the car, and when I inspect it when the owner returns to Fl, I will let you know... If there is anything screwy I will find out then, all inquiries have checked out on the car at this point, from ownership history etc, and the dealer who services it confirms its condition etc... so hang in there it will be a couple of weeks for delivery... if it is not the real deal, then it is what it is.. I am realistic on these things, I don't get too excited until I touch the sucker and get the paint meter out. LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey good call on the shift knob bit, he may have changed it out and used and old pic I have emailed him.... nice job... This should be interesting.

·
Banned
Y2K SL500 Silver
8,660 Posts
shaynes there's something strange in your car that I just noticed: usually when they install the leather/wood knob they install the leather/steering wheel as well.
More, in the 2nd pic of your car the shift knob is leather/wood and in the 5th pic it appears only to be full leather.
Is it just me seeing things?
Mic, let's not get to nit picky on a car that hasn't been received. When I got my car it had a leather/wood shift knob but an all leather sterring wheel of which I prefer. I drove a half a dozen R129's before I landed on my car. Although the leather/wood sterring wheels look fancy I didn't like the feel of two different CAR surfaces running through my hands.

BTW, when purchasing a NEW car there is a significant difference in cost for the two upgrades. Wood/leather trimmed shift knob ($150) Wood/leather sterring wheel ($1,800). Now we know that you can get a wood/leather sterring wheel for about $500-$700 plus labor and how simple is it to upgrade the shift knob vs. a sterring wheel?

·
Registered
MB SL600, MB 380SE, Suzuki Grand Vitara, 38' Chris-Craft, Volvo V70XC, and my own two feet...
4,131 Posts
Msbarsi is right, the guy took his shift knob with him when he sold the car. Lol.

But that said, I love the car, even with the downgraded shift knob. That's a beautiful and very rare color.

·
Banned
Y2K SL500 Silver
8,660 Posts
Msbarsi is right, the guy took his shift knob with him when he sold the car.
Here we go again. You Lawyers think you know everything and if you don't you'll find some way to put it in writing that substantiates a prior episode in order to cause the guy that receives your paperwork to pay another lawyer to interprete what you said and see if there is any validity to it. So everyone gets paid within the legal profession. Har! Har!

It will be interesting to see if he gets a wood/leather shifter.

BTW, I'm sending you a PM.

·
Registered
MB SL600, MB 380SE, Suzuki Grand Vitara, 38' Chris-Craft, Volvo V70XC, and my own two feet...
4,131 Posts
Here we go again. You Lawyers think you know everything and if you don't you'll find some way to put it in writing that substantiates a prior episode in order to cause the guy that receives your paperwork to pay another lawyer to interprete what you said and see if there is any validity to it. So everyone gets paid within the legal profession. Har! Har!

It will be interesting to see if he gets a wood/leather shifter.

BTW, I'm sending you a PM.
LOL.

Well Lynn, come on...I mean, let's put it this way: If there are two options and one of them is A: You come out ahead, or, B: The other guy comes out ahead, and then you leave it up to the other guy to pick the option...then which do you think you're more likely to get?

That said, I could be wrong, and if so I will take my lumps.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Hey good call on the shift knob bit, he may have changed it out and used and old pic I have emailed him.... nice job... This should be interesting.
Well shaynes you know what ? With the all leather shift knob your car looks exactly like the SL I sold 1 year ago and that brings me so many wonderful memories :).
Anyway I prefer the all leather knob because I had the radio remote control attached to the knob and leather offers a much better grip.
That said, I wasn't being picky on shaynes's car but I only wondered if I was seeing things or what lol.

Good luck for your car shaynes: it's very very nice :).

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts