Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 S430. We have had a lot of rain over the last week. Last week, while I was driving back from work, I happened to drive the car through a large area of the road with standing water. Following morning, I had coffee mug sitting on the middle front armrest which spilled all over the front passenger seat and possibly the back floor section when I was trying to get in the car. Well, instantly as I started the car to drive off, I got the trunk open error. I stopped by the independent service center on my way to work, and he said its probably because your water catch reservoir is clogged and has caused the water to get in the car. He showed me where the water was overflowing in that reservoir, he was finally able to drain it. He advised me to have the front and back floors vacuumed to remove any water, which I did. The back area was really not that wet. Now, the backlights stay on even when I turn the car off and end up draining the battery. What is your advice?

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,732 Posts
You need to pull up the passenger side carpet , front and rear . It is full of water Under the carpet . You can’t dry it from the top there is a metal channel in the floor with wiring . If you do not dry it completely more electrical issues will render your car inoperable

there is a SAM module under the rear seat bottom that gets wet . You also need to pull out the rear seat bottom and dry the sam. The rear seat bottom comes out easy there are tabs on both sides

·
Registered
2005 S600
533 Posts
What tusabes said - water got into the wiring under the carpet - a water-soaked rear SAM is shorting out and causing problems. Dry it out today, and you might be able to save it. Wait a few days and this will get expensive. The SAM alone is about $400...

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
3,511 Posts
And fix that leak that started this whole thing to begin with!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts